- Information Collected
Rawlco may collect two types of information: personal information (“Personal Information”) and aggregated non-personally identifiable information (“Aggregated Information”). Personal Information includes information such as your name, user name, address, postal code, telephone number, e-mail address, IP address, age, marital status, income level, education level, intentions, preferences and opinions. We do not collect Personal Information except when you provide it on a voluntary basis. Aggregated Information will include information that is anonymous, such as the type of browser you are using, general non-identifying demographic information and other such non-personally identifiable information.
- Why We Collect Information
- How we Use Information
- Privacy and Children’s Use Guidelines
Rawlco does not market or direct the Site toward children. Nevertheless it is possible for children, without prior parental consent, to publicly post or distribute Personal Information or any other information which might identify users within chat rooms, forums, message boards or in user groups. Rawlco encourages parents and guardians to be aware of and to participate in their children's online activities. We will not knowingly register, communicate with or otherwise collect Personal Information from anyone who indicates that they are younger than 13 years old without the prior verifiable consent of their parent or guardian.
- Third Party Advertising
When you visit the Site, we or a third-party advertiser may store or recognize some information on your computer in the form of a "cookie" or similar file. "Cookies" are small text files that identify an individual computer's browser entering the Site. They do not pose a security threat to you. No personal information is stored within the cookies. Cookies allow us to track a browser's movement through the Site over several sessions which enable the Site to recognize repeat visitors, facilitate access to and use of the Site and to allow the Site to track usage behaviour that will enable content improvement and allow us to tailor our Site to better match your interests and preferences. If you do not want cookies placed on your computer, you can erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Most Internet browsers or other software will allow you to do this. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions. If you reject cookies, Site functionality may be severely limited and you may not be able to take advantage of many of the Site's features.
From time to time the Site may feature forums such as message boards or chat rooms which enable our users to communicate with each other. Rawlco does not moderate and is not responsible for the content that you or any user posts on any forum on the Site. All information you post in a forum, chat area or message board becomes public information and may be viewed, collected and used by any visitor to the Site, and may expose you to unsolicited messages. This is beyond our control and Rawlco is not responsible if your information is intercepted. We recommend that you do not post on any forum private information about yourself or other individuals.
- Linking Third Party Content/Web Sites
The Site provides on-line streaming and other third party content and Rawlco is not responsible for any such third party content, spoken word or music that you may access through the Site. The Site also contains links from and to sites operated by our business partners and other independent third parties. Once you leave the Site, you may or may not see a new URL in the location bar. Please review the linked site's and third party content provider's privacy policies, and if you do not agree to be bound by the terms of the policies governing that provider and/or site, terminate your use of that service or your visit to the site. The linked sites and those subsequently linked from them are not under the influence or control of Rawlco and may have their own privacy, data collection and use policies. We are not responsible for the policies, practices or content of sites other than our Site.
Any unauthorized use of the Site may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution. Rawlco has policies and procedures in place to protect the privacy and confidentiality of your information that we collect and maintain, including contracts with third parties that manage the information provided by you. This Site has reasonable security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or interception of your information. To help ensure the privacy of your information, we urge you not to share your user name and password with anyone and recommend that you change your password frequently and store it in a safe place. If you are asked to create a user name or password, please select words that do not personally identify you. We may offer "auto login" which allows users to enter member areas of our site without re-entering password information. You may want to disable auto login on your "Set Up" page if you are not the only person using your computer. It is up to you to fully understand the risks and threats of using the public Internet and to be sufficiently aware of those risks to adequately protect your information. Rawlco’s advice herein is provided as a guideline only, and it is up to the user to remain current and exercise care when using the Internet. You should seek professional advice on protecting your privacy and evaluating the security of the information systems you are using. Rawlco assumes no liability for interception, alteration or misuse of information transmitted over the Internet.
- Updating/Deleting your Information
Rawlco enables our users to update/correct personal information, previously submitted, which the user states is erroneous to the extent privacy or security interests will not be compromised by doing so. To update or delete your information, please go to the Log-In function and update or delete your personal information accordingly from our database. Please note that due to backups and records of deletions it may not be possible to delete entirely a user's entry without some residual information remaining.
If you have any concerns about privacy procedures at our Site: email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at:
Attn: Web Privacy, Rawlco Radio, 715 Saskatchewan Cres. W., Saskatoon SK S7M 5V7
Please make any communications as complete and descriptive as possible, and we will attempt to respond promptly to your concerns.
Rawlco Radio Terms of Service
- Links to Third Party Sites & Services
- Intellectual Property
You acknowledge that all content and materials available on this Site, including the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content as well as content original to it are protected by national and international copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, patent registration rights, trade secrets, know-how or other proprietary rights and laws and are owned by Rawlco or its licensors or Rawlco has obtained the necessary permission of the owner of the intellectual property in such content to use the content on the Site. Unless otherwise indicated, all logos, names, package designs and marks on the Site are trademarks or service marks of, or used under license by Rawlco. The use or misuse of any of these materials is strictly prohibited. Rawlco, its licensors or associates retain exclusive ownership of all data, material and other information regarding your use of the Site.
- Lawful Use
You agree to use the Site or its contents for lawful purposes and only as expressly permitted in this Terms of Service and for no other purpose. Except where otherwise noted, you may download, print or view individual pages for noncommercial use only, provided you do not delete or change any of the information, including copyright or trademark notices. Except as otherwise permitted herein and as we may expressly authorize, you agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works from the content or materials on the Site or otherwise in any way exploit any of the content of the Site, in whole or in part. Systematic retrieval of data or other content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory in any form whatsoever without Rawlco’s written permission is strictly prohibited. You agree that you will not post or transmit through the Site any material which violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, which is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable, which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law, or which, without the express prior approval of Rawlco, contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services. You also agree not to post any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights and the burden of determining that any material is not protected by copyright rests with you. Any conduct by you that, in our discretion, restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying Rawlco or the Site will not be permitted.
- User's Grant of License
By posting or submitting content to the Site, you grant Rawlco and its worldwide licensees the right to use, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute and promote the content in any form, anywhere and for any purpose. You also warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content you post or submit to the Site and that our public posting and use of your content will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party. Rawlco retains the right to monitor, edit or otherwise change your posting or other content submitted to the Site without your permission.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
You expressly agree that all materials, information, software, products, and services included in or available through the site (the "content") are provided "as is" and "as available" for your use and that you use this site and any content you choose to download at your sole risk. Rawlco does not in any way warrant, either expressly or by implication, including, but not limited to, warranties of title, non-infringement or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or otherwise, other than those warranties which are incapable of exclusion, restriction or modification under applicable law. Neither Rawlco nor its partners, and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, consultants, contractors or licensors, make any warranty that the content of the site or any service or merchandise provided through it, is accurate, reliable or correct; that the site or any linked site, will be available at any particular time or location; that any defects or errors will be corrected; that the content is free of viruses or other harmful components; or that you will achieve successful results from following any instructions, directions or recommendations on the site.
- Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RAWLCO OR ITS PARTNERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS OR LICENSORS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES IN LAW OR IN EQUITY INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR FROM INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE OR FROM ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORD, AND THE RISK OF ANY INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS INCLUDING ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. OUR LIABILITY IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Monitoring Content
Rawlco shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the content of the Site, including chat rooms and forums, to determine compliance with this Terms of Service and any operating rules established by Rawlco and to satisfy any law, regulation or authorized government request. Rawlco shall have the right in its sole discretion to edit, refuse to post or remove any material submitted to or posted on the Site without your permission. Without limiting the foregoing, Rawlco shall have the right to remove any material that we, in our sole discretion, find to be in violation of the provisions hereof or otherwise objectionable. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Rawlco is not responsible for the content that you or any user posts on any forum on the Site and your reliance on any such content is solely at your own risk.
- Local Laws
By choosing to access the Site from any location other than Canada, you accept full responsibility for compliance with all applicable local laws. Rawlco makes no representation that materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside Canada, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited.
- Choice of Law
- Entire Agreement & Severance
- Unauthorized Use & Termination
Rawlco Contest Rules
As a participant in a contest (“the Participant”) sponsored by or associated with Rawlco through its radio stations and/or this Site, you agree by entering the contest and by using the Site to be bound by all terms, conditions and notices contained or referenced in the Contest Rules herein.
- The Participant agrees to be bound by any and all specific geographic, time, date and other limitations imposed on the contest by Rawlco in its sole discretion and having provided notice.
- All prizes must be accepted by the winner as awarded. Prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and are not redeemable for cash or other prizes. Rawlco retains the right to substitute a prize with another in the event the original prize offered is not available due to circumstances beyond Rawlco’s control.
- All prizes will be presented to winners at Rawlco Radio Saskatoon office, unless otherwise noted.
- Inability of winners to accept the prizes will result in forfeiture. Certain prizes may require winner to be 18 years of age or older, or have signed permission of parent or legal guardian to accept the prize.
- Rawlco is not responsible for the disconnection of a participant’s telephone call due to local or long distance Phone Company’s failure, power company failure or act of God.
- Employees of Rawlco, its affiliated companies, their advertising agencies and immediate families are not eligible to enter or win contests.
- Employees of Saskatchewan media companies and affiliated companies and members of their immediate families are not eligible to enter or win contests.
- Winners must use their true, legal name when playing contests or claiming prizes and may not win any contest under an assumed name. Winner will be disqualified and prize(s) forfeited if they are found playing under an assumed name or alias.
- Only one person may enter their name on any contest written entry form or Internet-based entry. No “duos”, groups or teams will be allowed to enter together.
- If concerts or other ticketed events have been awarded as a prize and the concert or event is postponed, rained out, cancelled, or does not occur for any reasons beyond the control of Rawlco, Rawlco will not be responsible for replacing the prize.
- If the prize includes travel, lodging, entertainment or a special event, winner is responsible for all taxes, expenses and gratuities not expressly included in or as part of the prize. Winner agrees to accept all blackout dates, space availability requirements, and any other restrictions established by Rawlco’s prize partner(s) pertaining to hotels, airlines, trains, ships, and other aspects of the prize(s). Winner agrees that by accepting any trip as a prize from Rawlco the winner does so entirely upon his or her own initiative, risk and responsibility. If the trip requires travel outside of Canada the winner at the time of winning the prize must possess a valid Canadian passport. If the winner does not have a valid Canadian passport upon winning the prize, the trip may be forfeited.
- Winner is responsible for all costs associated with travel to any venue or event for which a prize was awarded, unless otherwise specified.
- Upon winning a vehicle lease as a prize, winner can receive the prize only upon satisfying vehicle dealership of compliance with the following conditions pertaining to the lease rules: a. Local residency b. Approved credit c. Winner to provide a refundable security deposit d. Winner is responsible for plates and insurance – and must provide proof to the dealership before claiming their prize e. Number of kilometers will be limited, per specific contest rules, for duration of lease prize; f. Winner must pay certain charge, per specific contest rules, for kilometers driven in excess of limit; g. Misuse of vehicle voids lease agreement prize immediately; h. Vehicle to remain decaled for duration of lease; i. Vehicle must be taken to dealership every three months for inspection; j. And Winner must comply with any other specific contest rules pertaining to the vehicle lease prize.
- Rawlco reserves the right to disallow a contestant to enter or win a contest if the contestant has won a prize from Rawlco within the past 30 days.
- Rawlco Radio reserves the right to disallow a contestant or any member of the contestant’s household to enter or win a contest with a prize worth more than $1000, if the contestant has won a prize valued at $1000 or more in a Rawlco contest within the past year.
- The Participant agrees, in the event of winning the contest, to sign a release and indemnification agreement as a condition of receiving the prize, wherein the Participant agrees that he/she has entered the contest at their own risk and agrees to indemnify and hold forever harmless Rawlco, its affiliated and parent companies, its staff, sponsors, promotional agencies, agents, assigns or any of their staff responsible for injuries, accidents, misfortunes or causes of action arising from or in connection with the Participant’s participation in the contest and/or acceptance and use of the prize.
- Winner will permit Rawlco to use their name, voice and/or likeness without prior notice or compensation for promotional purposes in connection with the contest in mediums of all forms including television or radio broadcast, web cast, Internet or print.
- No prize may be used in any way that might have or be expected to have an adverse or negative effect on Rawlco, including its business, reputation or employees.
- Any and all disputes, conflicts, interpretations, questions or concerns regarding rules, contests and/or their associated prizes will be determined by Rawlco in its sole discretion and whose decisions are final.
- The contest and prize are subject to Federal, Provincial and local regulations and laws and may be void where restricted or prohibited by law.
- Rawlco reserves the right to amend these contest rules and regulations at any time within its discretion and for any reason.